Monday, February 25, 2008

Engagement in Big Sur, California

May 28, 2006
We took a vacation to San Francisco, CA in May of 2006. In the middle of our vaction, we rented a car and drove down Highway 1 in search of McWay Falls, a beautiful waterfall that falls directly into the Pacific Ocean. We thought we had found the location, but read a map that said we had to hike one hour to reach the falls. When we finally got to the waterfall it was very anti-climatic. The ocean was nowhere in sight and the waterfall was only about a forty foot drop. Nothing what Luke had in mind! So we got back in the car and continued on our search for the beautiful falls. Little did I know the reason why Luke wanted to find the falls so bad!


Meanwhile ... back in Pittsburgh, PA, our mothers were waiting patiently at a restaurant to hear the good news!



Finally, we reached the real McWay Falls and it was a beautiful sight! As we were standing there together soaking in the amazing view, I could feel Luke's heartbeat pounding, I turned around because I thought he was sick from the height. "Are you okay? What's wrong?" and Luke replied, "I'm just really happy to be here." And that's when he got down on one knee and proposed. I was so excited that I just wanted to hug Luke and I never actually looked at the ring! While we were hugging and onlookers were clapping, this man came over in his hiking/repelling gear and asked if we wanted pictures. He even posed us! I thought he was in on the whole thing!
Unfortunately, I had no phone service because of our location so I couldn't call my family to let them know the good news. They had been waiting to hear from us for a few hours!
Finally, I got to share the good news. It was such an amazing day! One we will never forget!


1 comment:

Photosbyshew said...

Yay for wedding plans! It's going to be beautiful! Kw, will call soon.

xo, jenny